Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

surface of several boundarys

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi @ all,

is there a possibility in comsol to get the surface of selected boundarys in mm ²?
many thanks for your help,

mfg Thomas Bender

5 Replies Last Post 2014年7月25日 GMT-4 09:22

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年7月25日 GMT-4 06:43
Why do you need COMSOL? If you know the geometry you can calculate it yourself right?
Why do you need COMSOL? If you know the geometry you can calculate it yourself right?

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年7月25日 GMT-4 06:45
Ah, but you can of course do a surface integral and instead of integrating a quantity you can integrate '1'.
Ah, but you can of course do a surface integral and instead of integrating a quantity you can integrate '1'.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年7月25日 GMT-4 07:22
Hi Pieter,
i use a mix of geometric objects (Imports of 3D CAD files and primitives in Comsol created objects) ,which i used to combine.

To use a surface integral (of select boundaries) sounds grade. Can you give me a guide rkurze,how this could be done.

thanks for your help,

cya Thomas
Hi Pieter, i use a mix of geometric objects (Imports of 3D CAD files and primitives in Comsol created objects) ,which i used to combine. To use a surface integral (of select boundaries) sounds grade. Can you give me a guide rkurze,how this could be done. thanks for your help, cya Thomas

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年7月25日 GMT-4 07:53
Alternatively, you can use the Measure button. See Reference Guide manual, version 4.4, page 371.
Jeff
Alternatively, you can use the Measure button. See Reference Guide manual, version 4.4, page 371. Jeff

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年7月25日 GMT-4 09:22
thank you, it worke ;)

cya Thomas
thank you, it worke ;) cya Thomas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.