Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

boundary condition : one way blocking

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I'm modelling a plate placed on supports and I'm applying a force on this one.
I'd like to know if it's possible to apply a blocking only in one way (compression).
Currently I've a blocking on Z axis but there is no difference between traction and compression. So, the results obtained are failed because the supports are also blocking the plate in traction.

I'm working on solid, stress-strain (sld) and heat transfer by conduction (ht) modes.

Thanks a lot

1 Reply Last Post 2010年4月13日 GMT-4 12:44
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月13日 GMT-4 12:44
Hi

take a look at the contact boundaries, and the treads thereon (try a search on the forum) you will find quite a lot about contact modelling

Good luck
Ivar
Hi take a look at the contact boundaries, and the treads thereon (try a search on the forum) you will find quite a lot about contact modelling Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.