Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Microwave heating of a Split Ring Resonator.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello good people!

I have modeled microstrip line coupled with a split ring resonator(SRR) and have included in the attachment.
Resonance of the SRR is achieved at 2.06GHz.

Now I want to simulate one more thing:
Microwave heating of the SRR.
I.e I want to see the heat distribution of the SRR while passing microwaves with power through the ports.

Just like this poster:
www.comsol.com/paper/download/183071/nkale_poster.pdf
In the computational methods section he says:
Then using Microwave Heating Module, we subjected the SRR to different power power levels.

How do I do this?

1 Reply Last Post 2014年8月1日 GMT-4 06:55

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年8月1日 GMT-4 06:55
In the model library in the RF module there are two microwave heating examples. The idea is that you include losses in your material, and that these losses form a heat source for a heat transfer physics simulation.
In the model library in the RF module there are two microwave heating examples. The idea is that you include losses in your material, and that these losses form a heat source for a heat transfer physics simulation.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.