Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Airfoil Simulation, Lift and Drag Coefficients.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am beginner to COMSOL and Simulation world. I have Comsol 4.4.
I am modelling and Simulating Air flow past a symmetric and cambered airfoil. I've watched some tutorials on Youtube regarding " Fluid flow problems", but it is creating confusions.

Can you lay down the steps regarding above. I am pasting the conditions below:

Fluid-Air
Velocity-25m/s
Density-1.22kg/m^3
Chord Lenght-1.524m
Area of airfoil- 0.785m^2
Angle of attack- 0 Degrees.

I can also start with the simulation of Ball or Flat plate and do the comparisons of drag and Lift coefficients.

Moreover, i am very fond of CFD Simulations and i find COMSOL as appropriate software for this. Can you please recommend me, some tutorials from where i can start learning this. Interested in Fluids and Heat Problems.

0 Replies Last Post 2014年8月18日 GMT-4 05:34
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Varun Kapoor

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.