Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with Constraint Group and Load Cases

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.

I have made a simple model with the thermal stress interface. In the setup I have a beam that has a fixed temperature on one end and two different temperatures on the opposite face at the other end of the beam.
The different temperature constraints has been assign into three different constraints groups.

Under Study Extensions in the Study node I have defined two load cases that uses the different temperature constraints.

The results show no difference in temperature between the to load cases. It seems that COMSOL is using the temperature constraint at the bottom of the list in the Heat Transfer in Solids node, for all load cases.

I have also added two different boundary loads for the same face under the Solid Mechanics node. They are assign to different load groups and applied separately in the to load cases. This is just to show that for load groups everything works well.

Why doesn't the Constraint Group work together with load cases? Seems strange as the Load Group work fine using the exact same approach. Is there maybe a workaround?

In my project i have a lot of load cases with different temperature constraints i need solutions for.

Thanks
Anders

0 Replies Last Post 2014年9月5日 GMT-4 03:46
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anders Brattli

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.