Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piston Cylinder in 2-D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am attempting to model a cylinder (in a car engine) with an inlet and outlet, as well as a piston moving up and down. The inlet is opened for a short amount of time, letting air into the cylinder, then closed. After it is closed, the piston (or wall to make it simpler) starts at the bottom of the cylinder and then moves up and then down. Then, it moves up while the outlet valve is opened and the air gets exhausted. I cannot make the piston move up and down, nor make the valves open or close for the inlet or outlet. I am trying to follow the "Fluid Valve" model closely, but have trouble understanding. If someone can help me, this would be very very helpful and I would be very greatful.

Thank you very much

0 Replies Last Post 2010年4月22日 GMT-4 15:47
COMSOL Moderator

Hello asdf asdf

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.