Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parameter Optimization based on transient Experimental values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm very new in the field of optimization. I have a very simple class project where one specie is coming out from one domain to another one (continuity BC between the domain and insulation at the outer domain. It is a pure diffusion process where the diffusivity in the inner domain is a function of time, D=D0*(1+a*t+b*t^2);
species diffusivity in the outer domain in Do.

My experimental values are like this:
Time (t,sec) Concentration (mol/m^3) in the inner domain
0 1
50 0.8
100 0.7
200 0.55
300 0.40
500 0.25

i want to optimize for D0,a,b. Could any please inform me how could i do that? Thanks in advance.

regards,
Ferdous

0 Replies Last Post 2014年10月29日 GMT-4 16:50
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jahid Ferdous

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.