Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing thin embedded geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am a relative beginner to COMSOL and I am trying to build and mesh a solid block with a shallow indent at the top. I have tried so many configurations (splitting into two layers, sweeping from different sides, etc) but each returns a different error. The problems seems to be the vertical walls of the indent.

Is there any clever way of doing it? I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks,
Monika

6 Replies Last Post 2014年11月10日 GMT-5 03:58

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年10月31日 GMT-4 07:34
Could you please show/submit your geometry?

Lasse
Could you please show/submit your geometry? Lasse

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年10月31日 GMT-4 07:51
Sure. I've tried to do it while submitting but the script seemed to be temporarily not working.

In the end I would like to have a metal thin structure (blue) embedded in a larger substrate (grey).

Thanks,
Monika.
Sure. I've tried to do it while submitting but the script seemed to be temporarily not working. In the end I would like to have a metal thin structure (blue) embedded in a larger substrate (grey). Thanks, Monika.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年10月31日 GMT-4 08:04
Measures of the geometry?

Measures of the geometry?

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年10月31日 GMT-4 08:22
Total dimensions (width x depth x height) 2mm x 8mm x 1mm
dimensions of the thin embedded structure: 40um x 4mm x 50nm
Total dimensions (width x depth x height) 2mm x 8mm x 1mm dimensions of the thin embedded structure: 40um x 4mm x 50nm

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年10月31日 GMT-4 09:35
Did I understand it correct at all?

Attached my geometry with a mesh.
Did I understand it correct at all? Attached my geometry with a mesh.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月10日 GMT-5 03:58
Yes! Thank you!
Yes! Thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.