Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mirror 3D for just one domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using a symmetric model of a heat sink with forced cooling. I want my final figure to be the solid body of the heat sink without the fluid field, however, when I mirror 3d it mirrors all domains. How do I change this?

2 Replies Last Post 2014年11月3日 GMT-5 10:04
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月3日 GMT-5 02:14
Do as follows:

- Select the solution data set that you want to mirror.

- Right-click and select Duplicate from the context menu.

- Select the data set that was created.

- Right-click and select Add Selection.

- In the Selection node: Change geometric entity level to Domain and select the domains that you are interested in.

- Go to the mirror data set and change its Data set setting to the data set with the selection.

Do as follows: - Select the solution data set that you want to mirror. - Right-click and select Duplicate from the context menu. - Select the data set that was created. - Right-click and select Add Selection. - In the Selection node: Change geometric entity level to Domain and select the domains that you are interested in. - Go to the mirror data set and change its Data set setting to the data set with the selection.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月3日 GMT-5 10:04
That did the trick! Thank you very much for your reply
That did the trick! Thank you very much for your reply

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.