Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling 2D and 0D problems

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey Everyone,
I'm having this fairly complex problem, and can't seem to figure out the best way to approach it. I'm modeling blood flow in an artery, but instead of using a fixed pressure or open boundary as my outlet boundary conditions as is traditionally used I want to an mechanical circuit model, which can be defined by a set of mathematical equations as seen below:

P - aV - b(V - dQ/dt) = 0
P - aV - Q/c = 0

Where P is pressure, V is velocity , Q is compliance of the vessel (all of which are a function of time). a, b, and c are just coefficients.

Basically, I want to use this set of equations as the outlet boundary condition of my 2D model by taking average velocity at the outlet and then solving for the pressure which will be used at the next time point. If that makes any sense. I'm not sure if I should use matlab or if there is anything in Comsol itself that could make this happen. If you have any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
Chris

1 Reply Last Post 2014年12月4日 GMT-5 02:50

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年12月4日 GMT-5 02:50
After looking through the mathematics section in they physics I found an option called boundary ODEsand DAEs. I was wondering if this could be a possible method to solve my issue. I'm unsure though how to approach this. Would pressure be by dependent variable and velocity be my source?
After looking through the mathematics section in they physics I found an option called boundary ODEsand DAEs. I was wondering if this could be a possible method to solve my issue. I'm unsure though how to approach this. Would pressure be by dependent variable and velocity be my source?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.