Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing very thin geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello.
I want to make 2D simulation.
My geometry consist of three rectangles.
Two rectangles is contacted and 100umX10um.
Other rectangular is 10umX0.3nm between two rectangles.
I want to make extremely fine mesh around small rectangular and fine~coarse mesh at other space.
I try using free triangular method at each domain.
First, I succeed making small rectangular mesh and top rectangular mesh.
I try making bottom rectangular mesh, but it is failure.
Error message is 'A degenerated triangle was created'.
Second, I try making two big rectangles mesh, it success.
But I dissatisfaction because mesh is too extremely fine at unless space and too big horizon mesh size at small rectangular.
Pleases give me other method.

1 Reply Last Post 2015年1月28日 GMT-5 03:03

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年1月28日 GMT-5 03:03
First mesh the small rectangle with user defined parameters. I used Maximum size 0.1 um, Minimum size 0.01 um and Resolution of narrow regions 5. Then mesh the remaining with default settings; mesh attached.
First mesh the small rectangle with user defined parameters. I used Maximum size 0.1 um, Minimum size 0.01 um and Resolution of narrow regions 5. Then mesh the remaining with default settings; mesh attached.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.