Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

specifying time step

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I'm new in COMSOL. I wanna solve a transient problem but I don't know how exactly set my time step. actually I got confusion between time step which would defined by study step and time step in the solver.
any hints will be appreciated.

Best regards
Shahin

2 Replies Last Post 2015年1月29日 GMT-5 04:21

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年1月29日 GMT-5 01:31
Hi Shahin,

The field in study step defines the time interval for the output of the simulation (how frequently the results are saved). Time step within solver configuration defines the actual solver time steps.

Best Regards,
Dima.

--
Dima Apter
A2Z Consulting Ltd.
www.a2z-consulting.net
Hi Shahin, The field in study step defines the time interval for the output of the simulation (how frequently the results are saved). Time step within solver configuration defines the actual solver time steps. Best Regards, Dima. -- Dima Apter A2Z Consulting Ltd. www.a2z-consulting.net

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年1月29日 GMT-5 04:21
Hi Dima
Thank you so much for your response.

kind regards
Shahin
Hi Dima Thank you so much for your response. kind regards Shahin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.