Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol v4 license with older versions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have received my Comsol v4 and eager to install it, however, I have lots of models which run under v3.5a and my question is, if I replace the old license file in our license server with the new one, can I still be able to run the older versions?

Thanks in advance,
Onur

5 Replies Last Post 2010年5月28日 GMT-4 11:13

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月28日 GMT-4 03:13
As a first step kb is the best: www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/browse/4/
As a first step kb is the best: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/browse/4/

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月28日 GMT-4 07:45
Yes, I have been there before posting, with no useful results.
Yes, I have been there before posting, with no useful results.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月28日 GMT-4 08:10
Hi,

The license is an ASCII file, you just need to copy and past the new one into the older license server file. In that way you can keep using both versions.

I hope it helps!

Cheers
Hi, The license is an ASCII file, you just need to copy and past the new one into the older license server file. In that way you can keep using both versions. I hope it helps! Cheers

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月28日 GMT-4 08:41
Thank you for your input! I will try.
Thank you for your input! I will try.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年5月28日 GMT-4 11:13
Hi

Indeed, but withOUT copying the "server ... use server" lines, they should only appear once at the top

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi Indeed, but withOUT copying the "server ... use server" lines, they should only appear once at the top Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.