Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

difference between Capacitively coupled plasma and AC-DBD

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone !

Can anyone help me in understanding the difference between capacitively coupled plasma (CCP) and an AC-DBD?

I appreciate your effort and help.

Thanks a lot!!

Best regards
Zaid

2 Replies Last Post 2016年5月23日 GMT-4 09:39
Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年2月11日 GMT-5 12:30
Hi, a DBD usually has 2 dielectric surfaces adjacent to the plasma and operates at frequencies in the kHz range. A capacitively coupled plasma usually has one dielectric surface adjacent to the plasma, the rest are grounded. They typically operate in the MHz range. From a modeling perspective, the equations solved are identical, only the driving frequency and selection for the boundary conditions are different.
Hi, a DBD usually has 2 dielectric surfaces adjacent to the plasma and operates at frequencies in the kHz range. A capacitively coupled plasma usually has one dielectric surface adjacent to the plasma, the rest are grounded. They typically operate in the MHz range. From a modeling perspective, the equations solved are identical, only the driving frequency and selection for the boundary conditions are different.

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年5月23日 GMT-4 09:39
Hi, Smith
I would like to ask a general question regarding a capacitor at high frequency (60 MHz up).
As we know, a changing electric field acts to produce a oscillating magnetic filed.
However, when there is a magnetic field that is varying, there will also be induced electric fields.
This means that the electric field cannot be the same at all distances from the capacitor center.

I need to study high frequency transient electric and magnetic fields together in one model, with coupled effects.
Could you give me a hint, how to simulate "standing wave profile" phenomenon in comsol?
Hi, Smith I would like to ask a general question regarding a capacitor at high frequency (60 MHz up). As we know, a changing electric field acts to produce a oscillating magnetic filed. However, when there is a magnetic field that is varying, there will also be induced electric fields. This means that the electric field cannot be the same at all distances from the capacitor center. I need to study high frequency transient electric and magnetic fields together in one model, with coupled effects. Could you give me a hint, how to simulate "standing wave profile" phenomenon in comsol?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.