Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with a Point probe in thermal problem

Juan Carlos del Pino López

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody. I hope someone can help me with a little problem I have with a point probe. I have edited my previous message to include more data and the mph file.

The problem is as follows:

I am analyzing the temperature of an underground power cable, so I defined some point probes to measure the temperature on the different layers of the cable. When I first solve the problem, Comsol automatically creates a plot with the data obtained by the probes. If I change the depth of the cable (which is a parameter), it is supposed that the probes will move with the cable. However, the data shown by the probe plot are taken in the previous location of the cable.
I think something strange is happening because during the computation, I can see the data from the probes in the progress window and they are correct. So I decided to update the probe table (clicking on the update icon), but nothing happens. But if I evaluate again the probes on the "derived values" node, then I have a table for each probe with the correct data. It seems that the probe table generated automatically by Comsol doesn't take into account the changes in the parameters.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 2015年2月12日 GMT-5 07:12
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Juan Carlos del Pino López

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.