Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Batch reactor with a full volume exchange at set time points

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am modeling a bioreactor in a 2D axis of symmetry geometry, I want to do a batch reactor where the volume exchange with fresh nutrients every 2 days while the cells remain in the the reactor as they are attached to a scaffold. lactate is being produce while glucose and oxygen being consumed, there is also oxygen diffusion through the walls. I have this model working fine and fitting my data for a continuous perfusion model. However, being a biologist more than mathematician i am a little stumped on how to implement this sort of batch system where the concentration of the nutrients need to be reset every two days.

Cheers

Michael

0 Replies Last Post 2015年2月18日 GMT-5 21:50
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michael Osiecki

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.