Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to distinguish between inner and outer bounadry conditions.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I have created a MATLAB script to set up 2D and 3D RF models.
To assign the correct boundary conditions I would need to be able to distinguish between inner and outer boundaries.

Is there any way to find out which index in fem.appl.bnd.ind corresponds to an inner and which to an outer boundary?

There should be a way, because Comsol in GUI mode is able to distinguish between the boundaries, however, I couldn't find a solution yet.

Thanks alot for your ideas!!!!!

Clemens

3 Replies Last Post 2010年9月20日 GMT-4 05:55

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月9日 GMT-4 12:14
Hello!

This is a good question because I am having the exact same problem. If there is no way to do this, has anyone come up with any workarounds, etc? Thanks for any help in advance!
Hello! This is a good question because I am having the exact same problem. If there is no way to do this, has anyone come up with any workarounds, etc? Thanks for any help in advance!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年8月24日 GMT-4 15:38
The way that I handled this in 3.5x was to get a list of boundaries for each subdomain in my geometry (using geomcsg).
To figure out which boundaries are "interior", simply compare the list of boundaries for one subdomain to the list of boundaries for all other subdomains. If the same boundary belongs to two or more subdomains, then it is "interior".

Dont ask me how to do this in 4.0... that's part of my current dilemma.

Mark Roy
The way that I handled this in 3.5x was to get a list of boundaries for each subdomain in my geometry (using geomcsg). To figure out which boundaries are "interior", simply compare the list of boundaries for one subdomain to the list of boundaries for all other subdomains. If the same boundary belongs to two or more subdomains, then it is "interior". Dont ask me how to do this in 4.0... that's part of my current dilemma. Mark Roy

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月20日 GMT-4 05:55
You wouldn't hapen to have some sample code?
You wouldn't hapen to have some sample code?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.