Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid Structure Interaction -- Not solving for deformation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the fluid structure-interaction model in the structural mechanics module using COMSOL 4.0. My system is similar to the "ALE Fluid-Structure Interaction" and "Obstacle in a Fluid Channel" tutorials, which I was able run successfully in COMSOL 4.0.

When I set up a new model with a different geometry but the same solver settings, the system appears to solve only the fluid flow problem without calculating the deformation of the object in the channel. (i.e. I get a pressure and velocity distribution of the fluid with no deflection of the beam in the fluid.)

I have went over the solver and fsi settings several times, and I can not find any difference between the working and not-working models. Any suggestions on things to try?

Thanks,
John Larson

Tutorials:
www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/361/
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/987/

4 Replies Last Post 2010年6月27日 GMT-4 09:06

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月14日 GMT-4 17:20
Hi John,

Change the frame to Spatial both in the "solution" and also in the each plots' root.
Hi John, Change the frame to Spatial both in the "solution" and also in the each plots' root.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月15日 GMT-4 16:58
Thanks, that worked.

Thanks, that worked.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月27日 GMT-4 07:26
hi
I want to model blood flow in a carotid artery.I wonder how to model FSI for that.whould u please help me!?
I would be very thankful..
maral
hi I want to model blood flow in a carotid artery.I wonder how to model FSI for that.whould u please help me!? I would be very thankful.. maral

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月27日 GMT-4 09:06

hi
I want to model blood flow in a carotid artery.I wonder how to model FSI for that.whould u please help me!?
I would be very thankful..
maral

Salam Maral,

Please make a new post and we can discuss there.

[QUOTE] hi I want to model blood flow in a carotid artery.I wonder how to model FSI for that.whould u please help me!? I would be very thankful.. maral [/QUOTE] Salam Maral, Please make a new post and we can discuss there.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.