Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i want mesh it with 15x150 quadrilaterals can any body help me out for uniform meshing

3 Replies Last Post 2015年3月25日 GMT-4 11:00
Josh Thomas Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月23日 GMT-4 10:56
Sounds like you'd like to do a "Mapped" mesh operation, but unfortunately your geometry is not conducive to this. The finite element mesh must have vertices that fall on the curved arc. The mapped operation has the restriction that the shape of the domain must be a relatively regular in shape.

Why do you need a uniform mesh?

--
Best regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies
Sounds like you'd like to do a "Mapped" mesh operation, but unfortunately your geometry is not conducive to this. The finite element mesh must have vertices that fall on the curved arc. The mapped operation has the restriction that the shape of the domain must be a relatively regular in shape. Why do you need a uniform mesh? -- Best regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月24日 GMT-4 01:32
thanks for your reply.. i am validating a paper which has 15x150 quadrilateral meshes , but i m unable to get those meshes because of the curvature of bubbles..
thanks for your reply.. i am validating a paper which has 15x150 quadrilateral meshes , but i m unable to get those meshes because of the curvature of bubbles..

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月25日 GMT-4 11:00
You could the "edge group" feature in mapped mesh to mesh the region.

Is that what you need?

Regards

Jens
You could the "edge group" feature in mapped mesh to mesh the region. Is that what you need? Regards Jens

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.