Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

boundary condition variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I have a problem,
I'm a new user of COMSOL and I'm working on heat transfer in solids my problem is that the boundary condition "temperature" is not constant it dépends on time (T=a*t+b) and i have to get a curve can you help me to solve that ? thanx

1 Reply Last Post 2015年3月25日 GMT-4 08:35

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月25日 GMT-4 08:35
The question of time dependent BCs has been discussed on this forum a lot. One way of doing it would be defining an analytic function. First define parameters (for example)

A: 5[K/min]
B: 200[K]

Define analytic function

Tt = A*t + B

Function definition tab asks for the units of the argument and the function.

In the BC box type Tt(t).

br
Lasse
The question of time dependent BCs has been discussed on this forum a lot. One way of doing it would be defining an analytic function. First define parameters (for example) A: 5[K/min] B: 200[K] Define analytic function Tt = A*t + B Function definition tab asks for the units of the argument and the function. In the BC box type Tt(t). br Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.