Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

temperature is a linear function of the length of the geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,
i am simulating heat transfer in a cubic solar cavity with one face opening to the ambient. i want to give temperature boundary condition on a phase adjacent to the aperture as a linear function of the length of the surface.
i mean the temperature changes linearly on a phase from going one end to another.
anybody help me !

thanks in adv !

4 Replies Last Post 2015年3月28日 GMT-4 20:16

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月26日 GMT-4 02:02
Define a function (piecewise/analytic) representing your temperature profile, and give that as the boundary condition on the selected boundary.

br
Lasse
Define a function (piecewise/analytic) representing your temperature profile, and give that as the boundary condition on the selected boundary. br Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月28日 GMT-4 01:11
thanks for helpful advice.
one more doubt, can i choose the temperature as a function of co-ordinate in that particular direction if yes then how. bcz i failed to do so.

thanks for helpful advice. one more doubt, can i choose the temperature as a function of co-ordinate in that particular direction if yes then how. bcz i failed to do so.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月28日 GMT-4 07:23
Let's say that you have a surface in the xy plane on which you want to set a linear temperature profile as a function of x. Write for example

293.15 [K]+(x/0.5)[K/m]

in in Temperature definition box (T0). x is in meters, hence this simple equation creates a linear profile.

br
Lasse
Let's say that you have a surface in the xy plane on which you want to set a linear temperature profile as a function of x. Write for example 293.15 [K]+(x/0.5)[K/m] in in Temperature definition box (T0). x is in meters, hence this simple equation creates a linear profile. br Lasse

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月28日 GMT-4 20:16
its working now !

thanks again !

rg
Om Singh
its working now ! thanks again ! rg Om Singh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.