Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Infinite elements problem (version 4.0)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I use the comsol version 4.0 AC/DC module, and have no idea how to set the 'Infinite Elements' to simulate my model,
even I read the AC/DC user guide!

Any one can tell me the solution or setting method/step about infinite elements? thx~~

Hanc

4 Replies Last Post 2010年7月6日 GMT-4 20:54
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月28日 GMT-4 00:35
Hi

isnt it just a right click on the physics and add in a PML (perfectly Matached Layer you want ? then you need to define ot cartesian or spherical and set the centre.

I believe that's all (in V4 about eveyrhing is obtained/selected by a right click)

Good luck
Ivar
Hi isnt it just a right click on the physics and add in a PML (perfectly Matached Layer you want ? then you need to define ot cartesian or spherical and set the centre. I believe that's all (in V4 about eveyrhing is obtained/selected by a right click) Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月29日 GMT-4 11:52
Hi, Ivar, I have solve my problem, thank your reply.

Hi, Ivar, I have solve my problem, thank your reply.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月6日 GMT-4 02:37
Hi,
I am really new to COMSOL.

I have COMSOL 3.4 and I have the same problem: how can I create an infinite element in 3.4?

Secondly, I have 2 electrodes in a vacuum in RF module but I do not know how to set boundaries. I need to look at the magnetic field results of the given current to one of the electrodes so which type of boundaries are appropriate for vacuum and electrodes?

Need help..
Hi, I am really new to COMSOL. I have COMSOL 3.4 and I have the same problem: how can I create an infinite element in 3.4? Secondly, I have 2 electrodes in a vacuum in RF module but I do not know how to set boundaries. I need to look at the magnetic field results of the given current to one of the electrodes so which type of boundaries are appropriate for vacuum and electrodes? Need help..

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年7月6日 GMT-4 20:54
Hi, onur, I just used V4.0 and V3.5a, so I don't know the conditions of V3.4 . In V3.5a, I think you can open the Model Library ->AC/DC module->Tutorial model->coil infinite elements file and its documentation for details. Moreover, check the Physics menu, choose subdomain settings, and you can find the Infinite Elements category. Hope this can help you~ (See the attachment)

Hanc
Hi, onur, I just used V4.0 and V3.5a, so I don't know the conditions of V3.4 . In V3.5a, I think you can open the Model Library ->AC/DC module->Tutorial model->coil infinite elements file and its documentation for details. Moreover, check the Physics menu, choose subdomain settings, and you can find the Infinite Elements category. Hope this can help you~ (See the attachment) Hanc

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.