Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

JAVA error while starting COMSOL 5.0 with MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I installed COMSOL. At the time of installation I did not had MATLAB in my machine hence the shortcut of opening COMSOL with MATLAB was not created. I got access to MATLAB later of this process. I have performed a tutorial saved a file in .m format so that I can open it with MATLAB. The file was saved successfully and when I tried running it via MATLAB the output file that was expected to be generated was not created.
So rectifying the mistake I uninstalled and reinstalled COMSOL. As I had MATLAB already in my machine it created that desktop icon. Double clicking on that a window was created which asked for user name and password and to confirm password.

After that when it opened MATLAB, it is showing the following java error-

Starting the COMSOL Multiphysics LiveLink(TM) for MATLAB(R).

Checking for additional startup script (comsolstartup.m)
in: C:\Users\Dhanashree

Checking for startup script on the MATLAB path

Type mphdoc or help mli for more information

Type mphmodellibrary to open the Model Library

??? Java exception occurred:
java.lang.NullPointerException

at javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter.printBase64Binary(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.client.interfaces.a.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.client.interfaces.a.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.clientapi.engine.APIEngine.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.clientapi.engine.APIEngine.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.util.ModelUtil.connect(Unknown Source)

The queries that I have regarding this are,

1. The user name and password that livelink asks is it generic or has to be specific to some machine or license
2. Is it always necessary to establish COMSOL with MATLAB always to run a .m File generated by COMSOL (I guess the answer to this question would be yes)

Thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post 2015年4月2日 GMT-4 07:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dhanashree Wazalwar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.