Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

multi-component mixture of gases/ boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to simulate the movement of a multi-component gas mixture in a landfill with a gas extraction well built in the middle. With the assumption that the mixture is flowing out from the landfill to the extraction well with a constant volumetric flow rate, I have set up the boundary conditions at the well screen as c_ch4*-0.25[m/s], c_co2*-0.25[m/s], c_o2*-0.25[m/s], and c_n2*-0.25[m/s]

c_ch4, c_co2, c_o2, c_n2 = concentration of each gas component in mol/m^3
-0.25[m/s] is the mixture's flow rate

This gives me the flux of each individual gas component in the unit of [mol/(m^2*s)].

However, I am not exactly sure how the software would read the boundary conditions I have there. The concentration of each individual gas component varies across the subdomain, so when I set the boundary condition " c_ch4*-0.25[m/s] " at the well screen, is the software taking the concentration of methane right at the well screen?

I have tried many times but failed to get any results.

I really appreciate any help that you might be able to give me.

Thanks,

Ken

0 Replies Last Post 2010年6月29日 GMT-4 13:27
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ken Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.