Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Si Solar Cell simulation with COMSOL 4.4 and Semiconductor module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to get a proper IV curve that has a Jsc and a Voc but instead I get a linear IV graph. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't think it's taking into account the user defined generation I added, because if it did the current should not be 0 when the applied voltage is 0 too.

I am using the semiconductor module and Si is my material. I used part of the YouTube tutorial to find my generation term G www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJKw1N6a7I . I am using two Ohmic contacts one as ground and one as a parameter to sweep for the IV curve.

Any help is appreciated.

mph file: www.dropbox.com/s/ncznalf8hbuuraz/IV.mph?dl=0

1 Reply Last Post 2015年12月21日 GMT-5 09:47
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Qusai Al Shidi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月21日 GMT-5 09:47
Hi

also i am trying to simulate for obtain the IV curve for the solar cell, and I think that you have wrong value for the I (A) in IV node if you have any help or solution she's welcome

Hi also i am trying to simulate for obtain the IV curve for the solar cell, and I think that you have wrong value for the I (A) in IV node if you have any help or solution she's welcome

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.