Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Vibration in a thin disk

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate the displacement in a thin (1mm thick), circular (182mm diameter) disk caused by a sinusoidal input at the center of the disk (essentially, simulating the displacement that occurs when you shake a Chladni plate).

Please excuse me if this topic has been covered elsewhere. I have searched quite a bit and have not been able to simulate what I am trying to do. It is also possible I do not understand enough about vibration to correctly interpret what I have found.

The main trouble I am having is: how do I prescribe a sine wave input at 500 Hz acting on a 10cm diameter circular area centered on the underside of a larger thin disk? What physics and studies should I be using to simulate this condition?

Thanks,
Sam

0 Replies Last Post 2015年4月15日 GMT-4 20:27
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sam B

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.