Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Great mechanical expansions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I am trying to simulate with Structural Mechanics Module in 2D axial simmetry (COMSOL 3.5) the following situation:

I would like to predict the stresses of a material under the loads given by an expansion of a second material inserted into the first one. I have tried to modify gradually the strains of the internal material imposing a time-variant initial strain and remeshing the geometry (imposing a stop condition) step by step thanks to the moving mesh ALE module. I would like to reach a great expansion (eps = 1000) but my simulation stops at eps = 1: I encounter in inverted mesh elements.

My question is: is it possible to simulate this situation? Have you any suggestions to obtain such a great expansion?
I attached the file here to better understand the geometry!

Thanks,

Emanuele

0 Replies Last Post 2015年4月29日 GMT-4 04:53
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Emanuele Vignali

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.