Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cell layer simulation

Giovanni Battista Accetta

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I would like to expose you my problems:
I want to simulate diffusion onto a layer of cells in a Microfluidic channels and I don't know if what I'm doing is the best way.
I obtained in a separated simulation a concentration profile c with the convection and diffusion physical model.
Knowing that the diffusion will be different in a cells layer I want to apply this profile to a 2d geometry with the characteristics of such a surface.

My questions are two:
-How can I apply the concentration profile on the 2D geometry? I thought to apply it like an initial condition but I don't know if it possible cause the value isn't constant.
-How to give to the surface a certain roughness? If not possible in 2D, I was thinking to make a 3d thin layer with the surface expressed by a sinusoidal function for example.

thank you,
Giovanni

0 Replies Last Post 2010年8月4日 GMT-4 18:11
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giovanni Battista Accetta

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.