Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Merge two mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to merge 2 mesh. A cylinder with a slab. How can I do that?

2 Replies Last Post 2013年4月27日 GMT-4 11:18
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mashallah Rezakazemi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年5月27日 GMT-4 04:42
Hi,
I've got a similar problem. I would like to merge two meshes imported from Matlab in Comsol 3.5a.
At p. 132 of Matlab Interface Guide, it is explicitly written "Importing a mesh from a file removes all geometry objects from the current geometry".
Therefore, I saved each imported mesh into a separate .mph file (I payed attention to create geometry from mesh before saving each file). Then, I used File -> Merge Component, but it doesn't work.
Any tip or suggestion to overcome this difficulty?
Many thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
PM
Hi, I've got a similar problem. I would like to merge two meshes imported from Matlab in Comsol 3.5a. At p. 132 of Matlab Interface Guide, it is explicitly written "Importing a mesh from a file removes all geometry objects from the current geometry". Therefore, I saved each imported mesh into a separate .mph file (I payed attention to create geometry from mesh before saving each file). Then, I used File -> Merge Component, but it doesn't work. Any tip or suggestion to overcome this difficulty? Many thanks in advance! Best Regards, PM

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月27日 GMT-4 11:18
Hi, I have meet the same problem, did anyone solve this problem?
Hi, I have meet the same problem, did anyone solve this problem?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.