Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

geomcsg error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

I am building a Monte-Carlo simulator for an electronics problem using COMSOL with MATLAB. Basically, I generate the geometries, simulate the problem, and then move some of these geometries by random values and run the simulation again. I use all the 'stx, ctx, ftx, ptx' structures to track any changes in subdomains or boundaries and to ensure that the physics is applied properly. I have also ensured that the random movement does not cause a change in the number of shared boundaries/edges, or a change in the number of subdomains (no overlaps).

However, when I run geomcsg for, say, a thousand different configurations, I get almost 12.5% of them resulting in failure of geomcsg !! I have inspected the configurations during these errors and have found no reason for failure. This is before meshing or even applying the physics. Just on the geometry level. Does anyone know of any criteria for geomcsg to function properly ? Thank You !!

0 Replies Last Post 2010年8月9日 GMT-4 11:25
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Waleed Shinwari

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.