Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of poroelastic material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear community,
I was wondering if you could help me sort out an issue concerning a poroelastic model.

It is a very simple model time-dependent in which I have a two-dimensional circle of poroelastic material with a cavity loaded by a given radial pressure which generates an increase in the internal diameter.
In the simulation I'm comparing two different boundary conditions on the outer boundary:
1) no-flow condition;
2) pressure = 0;

In the first case, being both the porous material and the fluid incompressible, I expect not occur changes in volume at least that the fluid does not come out from the inner boundary.
In the second case, I expect that the pressure gradient moves the fluid to the outside and consequently the volume will decrease due to the escape of fluid from the outer boundary.

I would quantify the extent of liquid coming out from various surfaces and evaluate the change in fluid content and the matrix as a function of time, is it possibile?
I attach my model for clarity.

Thank you in advance. I look forward to receiving your feedback on this.

0 Replies Last Post 2015年6月24日 GMT-4 06:17
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Stefano Meo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.