Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling of resonant absorbtion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible for COMSOL to model the resonant absorption of protons in a static magnetic field.

For example, if I had a 1T field along the Z-axis with a water phantom inside, I would expect to see resonant absorption if I applied a 42.58 MHz RF pulse at 90 degrees to the Z-axis.

I am currently working on modeling this and would just like to know if such a thing is possible.

Thank you

2 Replies Last Post 2015年7月23日 GMT-4 14:25
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年7月22日 GMT-4 12:10
Joe,

you can certainly use the ACDC or RF module to apply an RF pulse to your setup. However, in order to model the nuclear magnetic resonance of hydrogen (I assume this is what you are up to) you will have to implement respective additional equations.
The good thing about COMSOL is that it is open to almost any kind of extension this way. But you are more or less on your own to realize it.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Joe, you can certainly use the ACDC or RF module to apply an RF pulse to your setup. However, in order to model the nuclear magnetic resonance of hydrogen (I assume this is what you are up to) you will have to implement respective additional equations. The good thing about COMSOL is that it is open to almost any kind of extension this way. But you are more or less on your own to realize it. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年7月23日 GMT-4 14:25
Hi Edgar,

Thank you very much for the response! Knowing this will make my life a lot easier.

Joe
Hi Edgar, Thank you very much for the response! Knowing this will make my life a lot easier. Joe

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.