Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multi-Turn Coil Problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I am facing a problem using Comsol 5.0 and the AC/DC model. I just recently started using Comsol with no background.

Based on the Permanent Model in the Apllication Gallery, the AC/DC User's Guide and the PowerPoint Presentation 3D coils 43a I tried to model two cores with a multi-turn coil around it. The gerometries were imported using a step file.

First, I modelled just one core with the coil resulting in
www.dropbox.com/s/wr0pk2snaqteb1z/01.mph?dl=0
As a second step I added the second core with the coils and tried to reproduce the model just adding one multi-turn coil and let the other one just be a copper material resulting in
www.dropbox.com/s/nc40b5eqa3azwjg/02.mph?dl=0

Well, as can be seen I could not reproduce the first case in the second configuration and I am wondering why. Is the mesh choosen falsely? I added a big maximum size in order to model the sphere around the cores not too accurately.

If I could reproduce the result from 01 in 02 I would try to model the system with both coils.

I am really looking forward to your help because I cannot see what I should differently or where I did something horribly wrong due to missing experience.

Thanks in advance!

0 Replies Last Post 2015年7月24日 GMT-4 05:24
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Martin Schönenberg

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.