Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Permanent magnet linear generator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Expert

I am trying to model a Permanent magnet linear generator.

I need some help in doing the variables and boundaries.

I will be very thankful if i can contact anyone who can help me doing it.

1 Reply Last Post 2015年8月20日 GMT-4 08:50
Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月20日 GMT-4 08:50
Hi,

The following example which demonstrate the 3-phase Tubular Generator should help you here.

www.comsol.com/model/tubular-permanent-magnet-generator-20381

Note that the Linear Periodic Boundary condition has been implemented using the General Extrusion operator. Use this technique to model any kind of linear motors/generators where only a section of the model could be modeled.

Hope this will be useful.

Best Regards,
Nirmal Paudel
Hi, The following example which demonstrate the 3-phase Tubular Generator should help you here. http://www.comsol.com/model/tubular-permanent-magnet-generator-20381 Note that the Linear Periodic Boundary condition has been implemented using the General Extrusion operator. Use this technique to model any kind of linear motors/generators where only a section of the model could be modeled. Hope this will be useful. Best Regards, Nirmal Paudel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.