Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

export comsol material library database into excel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

Dose anyone who would I be able to export all the comsol material library data into excel? Or anywhere I could find a comprehensive material properties data sheet?

Thank you very much

Ramsay

2 Replies Last Post 2015年8月6日 GMT-4 05:23
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月6日 GMT-4 02:18
Hi

I do not think COMSOL has made that simple, as the value of all those material data is high, it would be too simple "just" to copy them all off.
Material data is one of the essential keys for correct model results, and even in the collection of COMSOL Material data base, the values are not all 100% because over time people get better and better in measuring these parameters, and i.e. a steel comes in many formulas, and tempers and each has slightly different material parameters.

You get a lot of material data by searching on the Web with Google or other indexers, you will notice that mostly you get quite some spread in values, for even the "same" material. You have also sites like NIST.gov, and Matweb.com and may other, some free others paying.

The most important is that you can easily import and adapt a material data into COMSOL, either from their material database, or from others, and you can build up your private database with values you have checked and that you trust 100%, just be aware its stored, by default in the your user .../.comsol/... subdirectory so when you upgrade, you need to move it, before you delete all those old files ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not think COMSOL has made that simple, as the value of all those material data is high, it would be too simple "just" to copy them all off. Material data is one of the essential keys for correct model results, and even in the collection of COMSOL Material data base, the values are not all 100% because over time people get better and better in measuring these parameters, and i.e. a steel comes in many formulas, and tempers and each has slightly different material parameters. You get a lot of material data by searching on the Web with Google or other indexers, you will notice that mostly you get quite some spread in values, for even the "same" material. You have also sites like NIST.gov, and Matweb.com and may other, some free others paying. The most important is that you can easily import and adapt a material data into COMSOL, either from their material database, or from others, and you can build up your private database with values you have checked and that you trust 100%, just be aware its stored, by default in the your user .../.comsol/... subdirectory so when you upgrade, you need to move it, before you delete all those old files ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Niklas Rom COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月6日 GMT-4 05:23
Also, Matweb supports the COMSOL material data format so you can export their material datasheets and read directly into COMSOL Multiphysics without modifications.

www.matweb.com/help/comsol_intro.aspx

Niklas
Also, Matweb supports the COMSOL material data format so you can export their material datasheets and read directly into COMSOL Multiphysics without modifications. http://www.matweb.com/help/comsol_intro.aspx Niklas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.