Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Journal bearing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hai guys i am new to this software. I solved one journal bearing problem by using this comsol software, But in result i could't able to identify the pressure value at particular node. So if any one known about how to know pressure distribution at particular node in quad mapped mesh please inform me.

2 Replies Last Post 2015年8月14日 GMT-4 02:10
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月12日 GMT-4 14:24
Hi

From the way I read you, I understand you are used to the traditional FEM programmes for which the MESH is the beginning of everything.

With COMSOL they have managed to set the mesh elements and the nodes back to where they belong: mathematical elements used to discretize the geometry such to solve the Physics expressed by their respective differential equations.

In COMSOL you apply the Physics to the Geometrical Entities: Domains and Boundaries (only exceptionally on lower order entities) and you read out your Results correspondingly, mostly as integral values, or averages over these two higher order Entities.

If you absolutely want to get a dependent value at a "Point" I suggest that you add a point at that location, then you are sure the mesher will have a node there, or simpler that you use the Results - Data-Set - Cut plane, or line, or point ... or you define an integration over a "point" which is the COMSOL way to get the results of a variable "at" an existing Geometrical Point.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi From the way I read you, I understand you are used to the traditional FEM programmes for which the MESH is the beginning of everything. With COMSOL they have managed to set the mesh elements and the nodes back to where they belong: mathematical elements used to discretize the geometry such to solve the Physics expressed by their respective differential equations. In COMSOL you apply the Physics to the Geometrical Entities: Domains and Boundaries (only exceptionally on lower order entities) and you read out your Results correspondingly, mostly as integral values, or averages over these two higher order Entities. If you absolutely want to get a dependent value at a "Point" I suggest that you add a point at that location, then you are sure the mesher will have a node there, or simpler that you use the Results - Data-Set - Cut plane, or line, or point ... or you define an integration over a "point" which is the COMSOL way to get the results of a variable "at" an existing Geometrical Point. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月14日 GMT-4 02:10
Hai Sir,
Sorry for disturbing you sir, still i didn't understanding, I mean i need to understand that how the pressure is distributed over the geometry,Like I wanted to know that which pressure is acting on which node. So i am requesting you that if it is possible please give me a complete information.
Hai Sir, Sorry for disturbing you sir, still i didn't understanding, I mean i need to understand that how the pressure is distributed over the geometry,Like I wanted to know that which pressure is acting on which node. So i am requesting you that if it is possible please give me a complete information.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.