Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

model shrinkage of meat due to dehydration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'd like to model shrinkage of meat due to dehydration induced from a heat source on the inside of the structure. Solving for water concentration and contraction relative to temp/time. Ideally a moving mesh to demonstrate pre and post dehydration.

I'd like some ideas regarding the physics choices or suggestions of COMSOL gallery cases that might get me moving in the right direction

1 Reply Last Post 2015年8月21日 GMT-4 02:17
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月21日 GMT-4 02:17
Hi,

You can start by checking out this example:

"MEMS Pressure Sensor Drift due to Hygroscopic Swelling"

www.comsol.com/model/mems-pressure-sensor-drift-due-to-hygroscopic-swelling-21021

I guess the crucial point here is what material model to use for structural response of the meat.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, You can start by checking out this example: "MEMS Pressure Sensor Drift due to Hygroscopic Swelling" http://www.comsol.com/model/mems-pressure-sensor-drift-due-to-hygroscopic-swelling-21021 I guess the crucial point here is what material model to use for structural response of the meat. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.