Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

solution can not be converged

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Everyone,

I built 2d axisymmetric model, which consist two iron cores(Cobalt steel vacoflux 50) and two coils(with 5A, 5000turns), I applied HB curve to iron cores. I want to see the magnetic field.
I used stationary solver , it is shown that "Failed to find a solution.Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged."
I tried to refine the mesh, the results were still not converged.

what should do to make the model computable?

Thank you very much!

1 Reply Last Post 2015年9月4日 GMT-4 16:18
Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年9月4日 GMT-4 16:18
Hi Xingming,

There could be several issue issues in the model that is preventing the model to converge.
If you are using a non-linear BH Curve or HB Curve, make sure that you have the first data point (0,0) in the table. Also, the following Knowledge Based Entry might be helpful here to tune the nonlinear solver.

www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1127/

Note: the solver settings discussed here are for time dependent nonlinear solver, but it is still applicable for stationary nonlinear solver as well.

Hope this will be useful.

Best Regards,
Nirmal Paudel
Hi Xingming, There could be several issue issues in the model that is preventing the model to converge. If you are using a non-linear BH Curve or HB Curve, make sure that you have the first data point (0,0) in the table. Also, the following Knowledge Based Entry might be helpful here to tune the nonlinear solver. http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1127/ Note: the solver settings discussed here are for time dependent nonlinear solver, but it is still applicable for stationary nonlinear solver as well. Hope this will be useful. Best Regards, Nirmal Paudel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.