Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

To COMSOL developers: why not a "save file" option at the end of computation?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

What about having a "save file" option after the computation is done. This can be helpful for long jobs running during the night.
I believe that it is possible to do that when using the script but still having this option under the GUI would be really useful.
It can be located under "Study settings" for easy "activation/deactivation" access. it is better than to have it in "Preferences" for example.

Hope to see it in the next update :)

Cheers

1 Reply Last Post 2015年9月10日 GMT-4 10:18

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年9月10日 GMT-4 10:18
Agree! Too often does my system run an update overnight (out of my administrative control to prevent), and I lose work! Something like an autosave is available for Batch modes, but not in a normal parameter sweep or single parameter run.

-Ado
Agree! Too often does my system run an update overnight (out of my administrative control to prevent), and I lose work! Something like an autosave is available for Batch modes, but not in a normal parameter sweep or single parameter run. -Ado

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.