Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PML reflect surface wave on metal/air interface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am simulation a single electric dipole radiation on a single air/metal interface. the domain is surrounded by PML layer,layer thickness equals to 1 wavelength and the material property of PML layer is the same with adjacent material (so PML being air in the upper part and being metal in the lower part).

However, I found reflection from PML layer. The reflection can be clearly seen if I plotted Poynting Vector 2D surface. the direction of array is pointing towards the center in metal surface.

Another evidence is that electric field is not zero at the position of dipole normal to the interface(dipole direction is y aixs), and interference pattern can be seen in the air domain.

Could anyone please tell if what to do and how to solve this problem.

Best regards,

0 Replies Last Post 2015年9月15日 GMT-4 07:02
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ying Tang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.