Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1D Heat conduction PDE for Mars

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to model the subsurface temperature profile of a particular location in Gale crater, Mars using Curiosity REMS (Rover Environmental Monitoring Station) data. I have with me, surface temperature (Tg), an upper boundary condition T(0,t) = Tg(t), a lower boundary condition, T(zd,t) = Td and a 1D Heat Conduction Equation.

Please let me know if it is possible to construct a temperature gradient with a licensed version of COMSOL by solving the given PDE using the above conditions.

2 Replies Last Post 2015年9月24日 GMT-4 07:46
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年9月23日 GMT-4 17:00
Yes, it is feasible -in fact quite easy- to solve the 1D conduction equation in COMSOL.
Please contact your local COMSOL representative to discuss licensing the software:
www.comsol.com/contact
Best regards,
Jeff
Yes, it is feasible -in fact quite easy- to solve the 1D conduction equation in COMSOL. Please contact your local COMSOL representative to discuss licensing the software: http://www.comsol.com/contact Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年9月24日 GMT-4 07:46
hi,

can you send me some tutorial (with steps) to generate the 1D subsurface temperature profile for the user defined upper and lower boundary conditions in PDE.

awaiting your reply in this regard as soon as possible

thanks

hi, can you send me some tutorial (with steps) to generate the 1D subsurface temperature profile for the user defined upper and lower boundary conditions in PDE. awaiting your reply in this regard as soon as possible thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.