Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Converting 1D geometry into 1D-spherical (where Model uses Diffusion and Moving Mesh Modes)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working on some reaction kinetics problem (say 1D-spherical catalyst) where i have 5 boundaries (outer boundaries are fixed, two inner boundaries are moving on one side and one on the other).

So, I am using diffusion and moving mesh application modes. I have taken 1D geometry in COMSOL and converted to 1D spherical by adding r^2 terms in subdomain and boundary settings only in diffusion mode in such a way that it exactly represents diffusion equation in 1D spherical system. (carefully referred Spherical Ore example in COMSOL model library).

My question is "do i need to use some correction factor or procedure (similar to which i used in diffusion mode) in Moving mesh mode". If not, then how can moving mesh application mode knows that my geometry is 1D-spherical? I am not getting exact results but those are very very close. That why i am thinking that there might be problem with geometry in moving mesh mode.

Any ideas or suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated...

-Manohar

0 Replies Last Post 2010年9月9日 GMT-4 22:37
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Manohar Gottapu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.