Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

measure the stress in 2D and 3D model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!
I am a new user of COMSOL, I have this model (under the message!) how could I measure the stress in every point Or is there any way to take this DATA as fife *.txt?

thanks.

4 Replies Last Post 2010年9月12日 GMT-4 16:57
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月11日 GMT-4 07:42
Hi

The most flexible way is top use matlab and read out the stress in the solved "fem" model structure. I see you use 3.4 so its an older version from before te forum was set up, but still, if you "search" there are a few threads on matlab extraction (and scripts thereof) on the forum

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi The most flexible way is top use matlab and read out the stress in the solved "fem" model structure. I see you use 3.4 so its an older version from before te forum was set up, but still, if you "search" there are a few threads on matlab extraction (and scripts thereof) on the forum -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月11日 GMT-4 12:02
thank you for you reply,
Actually I find something but I am not sure about it!
I go to the menu :
postprocessing ->Domain Plot Parameter->Line/Extrusion then from the field Predefined quantities
I select the (Axial Stress) and if I select any Boundary Ex:2 and press Apply button a plot will appear (see the attaches file)
also I can save this value like .txt file. Is this the stress value!?
thank you for you reply, Actually I find something but I am not sure about it! I go to the menu : postprocessing ->Domain Plot Parameter->Line/Extrusion then from the field Predefined quantities I select the (Axial Stress) and if I select any Boundary Ex:2 and press Apply button a plot will appear (see the attaches file) also I can save this value like .txt file. Is this the stress value!?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月11日 GMT-4 12:50
Hi

that is correct, you can get a text file like that, you need to assemble it in several steps though, not very handy but for a one-shot probably quicker than to learn all the matlab stuff, if you do not use it often (note, if you are to switch to COMSOL V4 soon, I would say: do not use to much time on V3.5 and matlab interface, as things has changed quite alot, and you would need to "re-learn" a lot, I'm stuck in that situation).

Still V4 is cleaner and allows even more than 3.5

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that is correct, you can get a text file like that, you need to assemble it in several steps though, not very handy but for a one-shot probably quicker than to learn all the matlab stuff, if you do not use it often (note, if you are to switch to COMSOL V4 soon, I would say: do not use to much time on V3.5 and matlab interface, as things has changed quite alot, and you would need to "re-learn" a lot, I'm stuck in that situation). Still V4 is cleaner and allows even more than 3.5 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月12日 GMT-4 16:57
thank you Ivar for your help, I will check my COMSOL verision!
thank you Ivar for your help, I will check my COMSOL verision!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.