Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric field around a single wire

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning everyone, and apologies if this question is trivial, but I am very new to Comsol and I need a bit of help...

I would like to model the electric field surrounding a single wire. The geometry is clearly not a problem, but I can't figure it out what kind of solver to use, or what kind of boundaries.

I tried the "electric current" with a voltage and a ground assigned to the start and end of the wire but is did not seem to work.

Going on the forum, I saw you could use the MEF properties, but I don't really know how...

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply Last Post 2015年12月2日 GMT-5 21:32

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月2日 GMT-5 21:32
Hi,

I used the AC/DC module. Check out my post titled "Help with "Charged particle tracing module"", in which I have also attached my model file. That could help.

Thanks
Hi, I used the AC/DC module. Check out my post titled "Help with "Charged particle tracing module"", in which I have also attached my model file. That could help. Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.