Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About the use of Boundary Heat Source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Boundary Heat Source to simulate a thin layer heat source in a phone model. I know when I give it a certain power, let's say 10 W, it will heat both up the objects on both sides of this boundary. I'm wondering is either side of the heat source receive a power of 5 W or 10 W? Is there any way to create a heat source that only emits heat in a single direction?

Thanks,
Zhenhuan

0 Replies Last Post 2015年12月8日 GMT-5 15:37
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhenhuan Xu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.