Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

coupling of temperature with stress module (elastic-plastic-viscoelastic)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am using a 3-D spherical shell to model a plastic-viscoelastic domain. After some time my model start loosing heat . To simulate this i simply change the sign : from positive flux to negative flux and add study 2 >time dependent> initial values>solution>study1>last time , values of variable not solve for >solution1>atomatic time. With this setting i get same temperature profile for study 1 (last time step) and study 2 (first time step). But to my surprise i dont get same matching solution for stress!

If i delete the viscoelastic outer layer, my problem solves i.e I get the same initial solution for stress in study 2 as the last solution for stress in study one.

How should i give the final condition of temperature, stresses(with +ve heat flux) to initial condition of study 2 (with -ve heat flux).
Any help will be deeply appreciated !

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 2015年12月10日 GMT-5 03:22
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Meena Singh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.