Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[comsol 3.5a Electrostatic] Failed to obtain electric field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello again
I have a problem with electrostatic analysis, I have two capacitor and in the middle i have a test mass, the distance between capacitors and test mass is about 0.1 mm. I close all my objects in a box to evaluate electric field.

I try to obtain solution in two different ways.

First way: I use four 3D object (mass, 2 capacitor and box) and I assign different boundary condition: mass is grounded and capacitors have port boundary condition with V=10V (Forced) but after the analysis comsol doesn't calculate Electric field, i suppose that electric field doesn't develop itself through the space(the space is box subdomain, i suppose) between capacitor and mass.

Second way: I build the box and I create composite object making the difference between the box and others objects(mass and capacitors), i assign the same boundary conditions but now the problem is different, in fact comsol doesn't end the analysis and it tells to me : error 4100 Failed to generate for subdomain.
This is a very singular situation, because if i move away the capacitors from mass and i increase the distance Comsol makes the analysis.
Thank you.
Luca

0 Replies Last Post 2009年10月1日 GMT+8 23:45
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Luca Ferrario

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.