Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigen frequency; displacement problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,
I am having a problem with Eigen frequency simulation of my device. Now the values on the displacement legend plot are not realistic at all to me, though am still new . Considering that the height of the device so attached is 40 mm. The legend shows that the maximum displacement is about 2.85 m? I think there is a problem. Or what does Total Displacement of a Surface mean? But the obtained Eigen frequencies are very reasonable (about 25 kHz).
Any clues or suggestions will be highly appreciated. (See the attached)

1 Reply Last Post 2015年12月16日 GMT-5 07:48
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月16日 GMT-5 07:48
Hi,

The scaling of eigenmodes can be chosen arbitrarily, so the magnitude does not carry any physical information.

Any multiple of an eigenvector is still an eigenvector. You can read more about eigenmode scaling in the documentation.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, The scaling of eigenmodes can be chosen arbitrarily, so the magnitude does not carry any physical information. Any multiple of an eigenvector is still an eigenvector. You can read more about eigenmode scaling in the documentation. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.