Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to properly add vacuum around my model to visualize E field?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm building a set of electrodes which I have modelled correctly. Now I want to see what the E field looks like in the space around them when they're charged up. I set ground to one electrode and 2000V to the other. Without defining the space around them as vacuum or air it's seems that I cannot visualize the e field or potential in the empty space. So then I tried to define a large sphere of air around the electrodes. When I added the sphere of air and subtracted the electrodes from it a got a mesh error. Do I need to subtract the electrodes from the sphere of air, or can I simply make the sphere and things will work out. In your answer please be as detailed as possible. I'm very new and I'm not sure yet how to work everything properly. Thanks. By the way I am using the A/C module with the stationary analysis.

1 Reply Last Post 2016年2月19日 GMT-5 04:26

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年2月19日 GMT-5 04:26
hello

If you are new to Comsol it's a good idea to start with some of the tutorials

I suggest you go to "Files>Application libraries" and search for

1-capacitor_fringing_fields (this one also has the answer to your question about how to make the geometry)
2-biased_resonator_3d_basic

open the PDF and do the tutorials from beginning to end

good luck

Dara
hello If you are new to Comsol it's a good idea to start with some of the tutorials I suggest you go to "Files>Application libraries" and search for 1-capacitor_fringing_fields (this one also has the answer to your question about how to make the geometry) 2-biased_resonator_3d_basic open the PDF and do the tutorials from beginning to end good luck Dara

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.