Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

geometry toolbar-sweep function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning.

I would like to create a 32 plies stack.
I have drawn the first block and than i've clicked on Sweep.
I don't find the box in which i can edit that i want 31 repetitions of the first block. I can only select the edge to be taken as reference (the depth of the first block), but i want to stack 31 more plies over the first one.

Also, using 4 times the sweep function in the geometry toolbar i can only stack 16 plies. Since the 17th layer the figure is completely changed.

So i would like to know if there is a way to edit that i want 31 repetitions of the first block in the Sweep function or if there is a maximum limit in the stacked blocks.

Thank you,

Alice

3 Replies Last Post 2016年4月21日 GMT-4 13:53
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月21日 GMT-4 12:24
Alice,

Attached is geometry of sweep with 31 repetitions.

Regards,
Sergei
Alice, Attached is geometry of sweep with 31 repetitions. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月21日 GMT-4 12:40
Thank you.
I have version 5.0 and an error window tells me that the model has been created with a latest version, so it cannot be opened.
Could you please send me the 5.0 version?

Thank you very much!

Alice
Thank you. I have version 5.0 and an error window tells me that the model has been created with a latest version, so it cannot be opened. Could you please send me the 5.0 version? Thank you very much! Alice

Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月21日 GMT-4 13:53
Alice,

Attached is 4.4 version.

Regards,
Sergei
Alice, Attached is 4.4 version. Regards, Sergei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.